Employ Good Digestive Practices and See the Levittown Digestive Doctors Less
While the team at Digestive Medical Care of Long Island are ready to help you when you need the assistance of local Levittown Digestive Doctors, they want you to employ good digestive practices to see them less often. If you have a serious issue, make sure you see this team and let them help you, and if you want solid advice for what to do, you can find it with this team, but you need to care for your digestive system as much or more than you would the rest of your body.
Tips for Better Digestive Health
- Eat a High-Fiber Diet – Fiber is needed to help move foods through your digestive system and keep your entire system working well. By eating more whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and legumes, you’ll be less likely to get constipated and can prevent digestive issues.
- Both Types of Fiber Are Important – Fiber comes in two forms, called soluble and insoluble. Insoluble fiber is known as roughage and can’t be digested by the body which helps to make your stools more sold while soluble fiber helps to prevent watery stools. You’ll find insoluble fiber in wheat bran, vegetables, and whole grains while soluble fiber is found in oat bran, nuts, seeds, and legumes.
- Cut Down on Fatty Foods – Fatty foods slow down the digestive process and make you more prone to becoming constipated. You do need some healthy fat in your diet, but you need to partner fatty foods with high-fiber foods for good digestion. A good practice is having a salad with your meals.
- Eat Less Meat – Protein is important to your diet, but most meat is fatty and can lead to slower digestion. When you do eat meat, choose lean cuts including pork loin, skinless poultry, and smaller portion sizes.
- Add Probiotics to Your Diet – Probiotics are healthy bacteria found in yeasts and in your digestive tract. There are many ways to add these to your diet, but you may want to see the Levittown Digestive Doctors to learn more about how to add these to your diet.
- Stay Hydrated – Drinking plenty of water is extremely good for your digestive health. Fiber moves water into the colon to create a stool you can pass more easily, but you have to have the water in your system to allow this to take place.
- Get Regular Exercise – Exercise is one of the most important things for every part of your body to become and remain healthy. Stay active, take walks, and try to maintain a healthy weight to achieve optimal digestive health.
Visit the Right Team As Needed
If you do have a digestive problem you need assistance with, the team at Digestive Medical Care of Long Island can assist you. Let these Levittown Digestive Doctors offer you the care you need and the advice that will help you have a healthy digestive system.